Friday, January 10, 2014

Today Was A Fairytale

     Hi! I know that I said that I would be writing my story... and posting it for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Which is true. But I like this little blog... it's starting to grow on me a bit, even though I've only posted a few things. I think that I should post things in between the Hana poems, just in case you get tired of reading that. Tonight, even though I'm only 14, I'd like to talk about love. Not a crush, and not "puppy love". Just because I'm young doesn't make the feeling any less qualified. So please... Try to have an open mind. I believe that as long as you have some maturity, love doesn't have an age limit. (Maybe, but not a very large one.)
     (I'm sorry that I'm not good with adding pictures to the text... I'll figure that out later.)
 
    Anyway... I know that I'm in love right now. To be quite frank about it, most teenagers these days aren't focused on every boy in the world. They're focused on that one cute guy in math class, or that really sweet, kind boy that sits next to you in English. I mean... It just happened. I would LOVE to spend all day with this lovely boy. He will probably never find this blog... But if he does... He WILL know who he is. :)
     Well, I just think that it's amazing that I already know this feeling at such a young age. I think that we do want to fall in love while we're young... We all saw those princess movies, right? Disney. Yeah, you know the ones that I'm talking about. Didn't we all want the fairy godmother, and the ball gown, and the glass slipper? And we can't forget about the biggest dream that came after that -- finding Prince Charming. We all wanted that right? We think "Hey, if Cinderella can find him, so can I, right?" Ah, but alas... When we get older... Even just during high school... We realize that magic isn't as believable as it used to be. Maybe... Maybe wishing on that star isn't as great as it used to be. I mean... did we all just give up after awhile? I think so.
 


     I'll be willing to bet that most girls did. God bless anyone who can hold onto the magic... It really is something special once you find out that it's really there. I'm still shocked, because... it's reality. I thought... I thought that it was all pretend; all fairytale. But it's not. There's something almost comforting about looking back on my younger self. I always wanted to be Rapunzel, with that long, pretty hair. I used to hate my hair. It's a curly, dark brown, frizzy mess. I always wanted piles and piles of chocolate coils cascading down my back and onto the floor... Ah, don't you just love imagination?
      You know, love has something special about it. Different from a crush. I've heard people say that it's called a crush because of how it feels when your love is unrequited. However, I think that real love is more. Now that I love him, I don't need him to be with me to be happy. I need him to be happy before I can be happy. It's okay if that means being with another girl, as long as he's happy. I think that's what love is about.
     Nothing better than a teenage girl ranting about love late at night, huh? I know what you guys must be thinking. And yes, I suppose it is a bit past my bedtime. :)
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Congratz on finding love~
    Sadly I can't really rejoice with you that love is amazing (for all my life I've had nothing but long term crushes) for I'm 19 an I don't really want to love just yet, I'm fine with crushes. I just don't want to love because I was oone of those friends tthat listened & had to give a lot of advice to people who were in relationships. An it made me think, "Will i go thru that?" "But I don't want to." I know one day I'll figure out what love is, but as of now I don't, & I dont really care for it. But I'm not implying you should give up on love, no! Strive for it! An if you want that guy snag him before someone else does. Cause you might start to think, "I wish I could do that with hi." "Or why aren't I doing those things with him? Why cant he smile at me?" Jealousy might get at you, but if your strong there's nothing to worry about. An I agree with you on the Disney love, I've always wanted something like that, just not a prince, but a princess lol. Wish you all the luck with love :)

    ReplyDelete