Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hana: Audience

Audience
 
I had the honor of being
The lovely audience to this
Horror.
 
With another set of people,
laughing at me starring in my own hopeless
Comedy.
 
All those pretty, plastic, perfect girls
Eagerly watch the performance,
Drooling over the star,
And laughing at that poor, hopeless girl.
 
All of those tall, muscled guys that hang around him
Know that they have a large number of spectators.
So they look to them, and when they get to me, shake their heads.
"Pfft. She doesn't have a chance..."
I saw it in their faces.
 
I am the audience,
The pathetic star whose name you can't remember,
The poor, hopeless spectator,
The fool girl getting laughed at.
It doesn't feel good; I am no masochist.
I do not like this at all, really.
 
I have the honor of being
The one-person audience
For the romance film that I didn't make the cut for.
I never even got halfway to the auditions.
 
The gorgeous actress flips her hair,
Biting her glossed bottom lip,
Acting cute.
Bitch... I say, Wait until he breaks you too, Barbie.
I grimace.
 
The group of long-haired, blue eyed, slender girls
Watch with jealousy, envy.
Then look to me
For that comedic relief
That my life is so good at producing.
 
All of those tall, tanned guys who are watching
Give him a high five.
He's the star, the king, the award-winning actor.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you this year's best faker...
Best pretender..." They're only saying "actor" to be nice.
That's what I mutter to myself,
Attempting not to hurt the audience.
 
I am the audience
And boy, isn't that a pain in the butt.
The fan that wants what she can't have.
Stayed for the whole darn series, bought all the posters, liked all the pictures,
But never has a chance.
I'm slightly used to it now.
I'm no masochist,
But my optimism for being pessimistic is getting in the way.
 
 
I had the honor of being the audience to the final performance.
What's that, the plot twist?
When Barbie cries, when she feels my pain?
 
"Here Barbie," I say to myself, "Have a front row seat."
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. You described the cracked actor in this piece majestically! And loads of Barbie's deserve the audience roll. The passions really raw here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You don't realize how much your feedback means to me!

      Delete