Monday, January 20, 2014

Hana: Snapshot

Snapshot
 
 
*click*
There.
Your pretty blue eyes,
Your soft brown hair,
Your peachy skin,
Your cute little smirk.
I have it all.
All in the back of my mind.
 
It pains me to go back to that image.
So I push it farther back.
Nothing more than a petty picture...
 
*click click*
There.
Your soft lips pressing softly onto mine.
My first, I think,
First kiss.
I felt it all.
But now it's just in the back of my mind.
 
It pains me to remember those moments,
So I push it away 'til I nearly break my skull.
Nothing more than a stupid memory.
 
*click click click*
You know, you're just as gorgeous as I remember.
*click click click click*
No... No... Need to push it farther back...
*click click click click cli--*
Stop!
 
I look up--
Stare into the sun--
Until it sears my eyes,
And burns the pictures that I had left.
 
It pains me that I'm blinded again.
That I let myself get this way.
Over one single snapshot...



1 comment: