Friday, January 10, 2014

Hana: The Beginning

 This is the first "chapter" of Hana... Hope you like this beginning poem! :) If you take the time to read this, then please give feedback; I'll endure any amount of harsh criticism if it'll make me a better author in the end. Enjoy.

The Beginning

 
I ripped all of them off,
One by one,
Each one died a
Frail
Little
Death.
Kept my tongue bitten,
My mouth shut,
Just tearing, tearing.
 
"Love me or not?"
It was stupid to ask.
Stupid to think that
He would really last forever.
(Doesn't everything wilt?
That's my understanding.)
 
I watched them all blow away,
One by one,
Each carried by the wind in a
Cold
Frigid
Breeze.
Kept my thoughts silent,
My feelings hidden,
Just blowing, blowing.
 
"Love me or not?"
It was naïve to ask.
Stupid to believe that
Love can really last forever.
(Don't we all get blown away?
It's what I have speculated.)
 
He watched my hope wilt away,
Bit by bit,
My heart breaking into
Black
Jagged
Fragments.
Silently laughing,
He rudely stares.
Just watching, watching.
 
"Are you leaving or not?"
He was stupid to ask.
Stupid not to realize
That I was already out the door.
(I guess he just glanced away?
That's what I assumed.)
 
Memories eat away at me,
Piece by piece,
My happiness devoured by
That
Damn
Cheater.
Depression is lurking,
Misery is company.
Just eating, eating.
 
"Did he love me or not?"
Is it stupid to ask?
Stupid to ask
What his feelings really were?
(Could it have been real...?
Maybe I was wrong.)
 
Ugh, giving myself a headache,
With every thought,
Becoming a
Confused
Lovesick
Girl.
My heart has sunk.
Was I... wrong?
(Not possible...)
Just aching, aching.
 
I ripped all of them off,
One by one,
Each one died a
Frail
Little
Death.
Kept my tongue bitten,
My eyes shut,
Just crying, crying.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment