Sunday, January 19, 2014

15 Minutes of Inspiration

     Before I go any further, I'd like to explain the title. I'm pretty sure that most people have heard the phrase "15 minutes of Fame". But I don't want that. I think that fame comes in different ways. For example, a model's 15 minutes of fame is 15 minutes in the clothes of the hottest new fashion designer. A reporter's 15 minutes might be the time that they get to cover the new current event that everyone is talking about. We all envision something different happening in those 15 minutes that we get. For me, it's being inspiring. That's right. 15 minutes of watching a person, another human being just like me, read what I write or look at my art and become inspired. That will be my 15 minutes of "fame" during my lifetime, if it ever happens.
     Now that I've explained, I'll continue on. I wonder how many other people share my dream. Just curious. I mean, I think that I may not be the only one. However I'm far from a psychic or any sort of genius, so eh. What do I know? I'm only 14, so despite how good my grades in school are I don't know a hell of a lot about this life that I have. Anyway, I hope that my writing is inspiring the couple of people that read these posts. I really hope that it is. Because that's what I live for: Inspiring people. I want to save people the way that I was saved. Sure I use fragments sometimes, and I don't always use punctuation in the right spots, and blah blah blah. But... isn't the message more important?
     I might be making a huge effort for nothing. But isn't making a huge effort to send an important message more important than making no effort just because I think that the odds of this situation aren't in my favor? It's impossible to know, but I'd choose the former over the latter.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment