Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hana: Deja vu

Deja vu
Saw him again.
I swear that I saw
That same smile that he smiled,
That same smile that he smiled that night.
I swear to God, it hasn't changed.
Blink my eyes,
One, two seconds...
That smile again...
 
Getting sad again.
I swear that I can see
Those long slender fingers,
Those long slender fingers that feel so good intertwined with mine.
I swear to God, they haven't changed.
Blink my eyes,
One, two, three seconds...
Those hands again...
 
Getting happy again.
I swear that I can see
Those soft, full lips,
Those soft, full lips that were placed so gently onto mine.
I swear to God, they look just as kissable.
Blink my eyes,
One, two, three, four seconds...
Those lips again...
 
Walking away again.
I swear that I can see
Him turning around now.
Turning around, finally noticing my existence.
I swear to God, he hasn't changed.
Close my eyes,
One, two, three, four, five seconds...
Why isn't he gone yet?
 
Getting angry again.
I swear that I can see
A sad look in his eyes.
A sad look in his eyes that I know he's faking.
I swear to God, he's still an idiot.
Look away,
One, two, three, four, five, six seconds...
Can he stop being stupid?
 
Getting tricked again.
I swear that I can see
That tempting smile of his.
That tempting smile of his that's trying to deceive me.
I swear to God, he's still a jerk.
Distracting myself,
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven seconds...
Stop!
 
Surrendering again.
I swear that I can see
A twinkle in his eyes.
A twinkle in his eyes that makes me want him.
I swear to God, he's still gorgeous.
Pretending not to notice,
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight seconds...
Oh no...
 
Getting lovesick again.
I swear that I can see
The dirty thoughts in his mind.
The dirty thoughts in his mind that made my cheeks flush.
I swear to God, he's still perverse.
Staring at the ground,
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine seconds...
Damn you...
 
Got fooled again.
I swear I just saw
That same horrid girl.
That same horrid girl that he left me for.
I swear to God, I'm such an idiot.
Crying as I leave,
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten seconds...
 
Seeing her was like deja vu.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. They certainly know how to rock the emotions over and over! Really enjoyed the flow to this.....

    ReplyDelete