Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reading to Write

     I thought that it would be nice to take another break from writing Hana. It's really just an experiment with writing, to be quite honest with you. I can't wait to see what I end up doing with it. Anyways, I'm planning on writing an actual novel. Hana is my side project; the novel that I want to write is what I usually work on during the day. (Unless I'm procrastinating, which I usually am).
     So... I've been checking out a lot of books on writing from the public library and the library in my school. It's starting to make me wonder if books like that are actually beneficial to aspiring writers. I mean, think about it. Are you learning how to write like you, or are you learning how to write like that author? Not to say that NONE of the books are helpful, but I'd definitely think about that for a bit. I almost considered not reading anymore, since only one has been helpful, but I decided to get 4 or 5 more, just as an experiment.
     I really hope that these books work... If they do, then hopefully you'll see my poetry improving. ^-^
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment